Monday, February 4, 2013

Menu Planning - February 2 - 8, 2013

I finally feel like I have a handle on our meal planning.  I created a board (it's called 2013 Meals) on Pinterest for menu planning.   After I decide what we're having, either from Pins or family favorites or new recipes, I write down it down on paper and write the ingredients needed to purchase.    Then, I go to the store.  Our grocery bill has decreased.  Our eating out has decreased (except for this week, but these are planned meals out and not an "Oh what's for dinner?")

Saturday -  Leftovers for lunch and dinner with family, I took a Chocolate Sheet Cake.

Sunday -   Chilli - it's Superbowl Sunday

Monday - Squash Mac & Cheese  and a salad

Tuesday - Uncle Meaty pizza from Armand's for S & the boys (it's T's birthday and I am working 2-8)

Wednesday - Sausage and Bean Soup with Pasta

Thursday -  Out for T's birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse (family tradition usually on their birthday)

Friday - Skinny Slow Cooked Pernil (Puerto Rican Pork)

And so planning begins for next week.  I'm glad this week's grocery store trip was small (I did not have to purchase any meat because I planned around the freezer) because next week's will include a family dinner and the birthday boy has not decided what he wants other than lemon bars, lemon cake and mousse. 


No comments :

Post a Comment